Effective starting: May 1, 2019
What this policy covers
What information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you provide it to us and when you use our tool.
Information you provide to us
- Account and Profile Information: We collect information about you when you register for an account, create or modify your profile. For example, you provide your contact information and billing information when you register for the usage of the tool. You also have the option of adding a display name, profile photo, job title, and other details to your profile information. We keep track of your preferences when you select settings within the Services.
- Content you provide through our product: The tool collects and stores content that you post, send, receive and share inside it. This content includes any information about you that you may choose to include. Content also includes the files and links you upload to the tool.
- Content you provide through our websites: There’s also our websites owned and operated by us. We collect other content that you submit through contact form of the website. For example, you provide content to us when you provide feedback or when you participate in any interactive features, surveys, contests, promotions, sweepstakes, activities or events.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you register for the usage of the tool. For example, we ask you to designate a billing representative, including name and contact information, upon registration. You might also provide payment information, such as payment card details, which we collect via secure payment processing services.
- Information we collect automatically when you use the tool. We collect information about you when you use our Services, including browsing our websites and taking certain actions within the Services.
- Your use of the Services: We keep track of certain information about you when you visit and interact with our tool. This information includes the features you use; the links you click on; the type, size and filenames of attachments you upload to the tool. We also collect information about the teams and people you work with and how you work with them, like who you collaborate with and communicate with most frequently.
- Device and Connection Information: We collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access the tool. This device information includes your connection type and settings when you access, update, or use our tool. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages, device identifiers, and crash data. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better Service experience.
How we use information we collect
- We use information about you to provide tool access and related services to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in, provide customer support, and operate and maintain the services of the tool. For example, we use the name and picture you provide in your account to identify you to other tool users.
- We use information about you to do the research and development: We are always looking for ways to make our tool smarter, faster, secure, integrated, and useful to you. We use collective learnings about how people use our tool and feedback provided directly to us to troubleshoot and to identify trends, usage, activity patterns and areas for integration and improvement of the tool.
- We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email and within the tool, including confirming your purchases, reminding you of subscription expirations, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To market, promote and drive engagement with the tool: We use your contact information and information about how you use the tool to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email. These communications are aimed at driving engagement and maximizing what you get out of the tool, including information about new features, survey requests, newsletters, and events we think may be of interest to you.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter, to respond to your requests for assistance, to analyze crash information, and to repair and improve the tool.
- For safety and security: We use information about you to verify accounts and activity, to monitor suspicious or fraudulent activity and to identify violations of tool policies.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote the tool, with your permission.
Legal bases for processing (for EEA users):
If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process
information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws.
This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the services, including to operate the services, provide customer support and personalized features and to protect the safety and security of the tool;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the tool services and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or
- We need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the
right to change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already
How we share information we collect
We do not share information we collect with third parties.
How we store and secure information we collect
- Information storage and security
- We use industry standard technical and organizational measures to secure the information we store. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others.
- How long we keep information
- Account information: We retain your account information for as long as your account is active and a reasonable period thereafter in case you decide to re-activate the usage of the tool. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations, and to continue to develop and improve our tool.
- Information you share on the Services: If your account is deactivated or disabled, some of your information and the content you have provided will remain in order to allow your team members or other users to make full use of the tool. For example, we continue to display projects you created to the users that received them and continue to display content you provided.
- We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
Other important privacy information
- Notice to End Users
Our product is intended for both individual usage and usage by organizations. Where the tool has been made available to you through an organization (e.g. your employer), that organization is the administrator of the tool and is responsible for the accounts over which it has control. If this is the case, please direct your data privacy questions to your administrator, as your use of the tool is subject to that organization's policies. We are not responsible for the privacy or security practices of an administrator's organization, which may be different than this policy.
- Our policy towards children
The Services are not directed to individuals under 16. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we become aware that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your
inquiry to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org